Congratulations on your wellness journey! While we’re getting Michelle Obama arms, buns of steel, and hard core abs, how fit is your mind?
Wellness isn’t just about being physically fit. We must ensure we have a positive mindset and are adding value to others.
I get overwhelmed sometimes. When those times occur, I access my resilience toolbox. These are a few things that I recommend:
1) Go to your happy place. For me, that may be a bubble bath, listening to music, a walk on the beach, etc. Do what makes you feel better.
2) Never underestimate the power of prayer! If you make time to pray, God makes time to listen.
3) Embrace the value of bad experiences. There’s a lesson and a blessing in every bad experience. Learn the lesson, appreciate the blessing, and move on.
4) Eliminate guilt and negative self-talk – immediately! What you send out, you get back. Decide to be happy.
5) Meditate. Meditation quiets the mind and enriches the soul.
How fit is your mind? Mental wellness adds value to your life. It’s not selfish to love you, take care of you, and make your happiness a priority – it’s necessary.